If you want prayer stop in here!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Re: If you want prayer stop in here!

Postby dianetavegia » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Praying for all above this post tonight (Thursday, Jan. 21, 2009) Thank YOU for praying for my continued NED.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE with God!

El Shaddai! Genesis 18:14a Is anything too hard for the LORD?

Luke 1:37 "For nothing will be impossible with God."

Jeremiah 32:17 'Ah Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for You,

Matthew 19:26 And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Hebrews 2:14-15 By embracing death, taking it into himself, he destroyed the Devil's hold on death and freed all who cower through life, scared to death of death.
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Postby Terry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:31 am

I prayed for you all. Good night, sleep well and have a God filled day tomorrow.
Last edited by Terry on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

Kathleen808

Postby Kathleen808 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 am

Hi,
Thank you for your prayers. Please include Dick and I and our 2 girls in your prayers. There are days when people ask us, "How are you doing this?" and the answer we have is, "People are holding us up in love and prayer."

Aloha,
Kathleen
Kathleen
DH 1/09 3c 51yr rsct
Folfx 3/09
1 l nd 9/09 Flfri Avstn
PET clr 6/10
Folfri Avstn 7/10
ND 10/10
1/11 lng mets Flfri Avastn
ND 2/12
9/12 Flfri Avastn
10/12 grwth lng mts Erbtx Avstn Irintcn
1/13 stabl
9/13 grwth
8/16/14 passed into eternal peace

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:46 am

I would like to humbly add a very powerful Sanskrit mantra that aids with physical healing:

um Trayambakam Yajamahe,
Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam;
Urva Rukamiva Bandhanaan,
Mrityor Mokshiye Maamritat.

ॐ त्रियम्बकं यजामहे, सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनं
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान् मृत्योर्मोक्षिय मामृतात्

OM triyambakam yajāmahe sugandhim pushTivardhanam,
urvārukamiva bandhanān mrrityormokshiya māmrritāt.

Summary of the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra
We worship Shiva - The Three-Eyed (tryambakam) Lord (yajamahe);
Who is fragrant (sugandhim) and nourishes (pushti) and grows (vardhanam) all beings.
As the ripened cucumber (urvarukamiva) is automatically liberated (bandhanaan) (by the intervention of the "farmer") from its bondage to the creeper when it fully ripens;
May He liberate us (mokshiya) from death (mrityor), for the sake of immortality (maamritaat).

We pray to Lord Shiva whose eyes are the Sun, Moon and Fire
May He protect us from all disease, poverty and fear
And bless us with prosperity, longevity and good health.

Terry

Postby Terry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:55 am

I can't tell if that's a joke or a real type of prayer. I mostly think it's a real type of someone's prayer belief and if that's your prayer and you feel it helps us and you, it's good that you pray.
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

JillCurtis

Postby JillCurtis » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:58 am

Mritunjaya Mantra is prayer for healing and comfort - its Hindu - so no joke
Jill, 45
02/07 - DX 07 -T 3 Colon, Surgery, 12 Folfox
02/08 – Surgery, 1 Xeloda, 7 Folfiri/Avastin
02/09 – 12 Folfiri/Avastin
10/09 – 2 New Tumors, 1 Erbitux/Irinotecan - Bad Reaction
12/09 - 4 Folfox / Avastin
03/10 - Chemo stopped working

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 am

Precious Jesus, my salvation, I praise Your holy name, the name of above all names. Father, I lift my brothers and sisters and myself to Your throne this morning. I ask You to bring comfort to those who are hurting. Give peace to those who are troubled. Lift broken spirits and give them hope. Father, I ask you to touch marriages that have been harmed by this illness. I ask you to bring healing to those relationships. Give us back the years that have been stolen, according to your word in Joel 2:25 "And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you" and Jeremiah 30:17 "For I will restore health to you, and I will heal you of your wounds, said the LORD; because they called you an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeks after". Father, so many times in Your word, You tell us we can be healed. Father God, I pray for healing for those who have listed their names or names of loved ones on this thread. I ask You to touch their bodies and replace bad cells with good. I ask You to knit them together, healthy again. Increase the faith of those who have little faith. Remove the doubts of those who are filled with doubts. Give words to their prayers through Your precious Holy Spirit and let us always feel Your presence. I ask this all in the precious name of Jesus, the sinless, spotless lamb who was sacrificed for my sins, Amen

Psalm 16:8-11 I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will You let your Holy One see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand.

Psalm 118:17 "I will not die, but live, and I will proclaim what the LORD has done."

Psalms 30:2 “O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.”

Psalms 34:19 “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all.”

Psalms 103:3 “Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,”

Matthew 8:16-17 “When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "He Himself took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses."

1 Peter 2:21-24 “For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth"; who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously; who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed.”

Proverbs 18:14 The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, But who can bear a broken spirit?

Mark 11: 22-26 “So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Surroundedbylove

Postby Surroundedbylove » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:34 am

Good morning all,

My prayers this morning for all on this thread were for strength, peace, lots of healing, time in our lives to REALLY live, and for God's grace to pour down on all of us.

Peace be with you.

SBL
Surroundedbylove

Rectal Cancer @ 43, '08
Clinical: T3,N2a,MX (IIIB)
6 wks XELOX & radiation
LAR, colonic j-pouch, & temp ileo '09
Surgical: ypT3,ypN0,ypMX (0 of 20 nodes)
FOLFOX; XELOX
Ileo Takedown ‘09
LARS for 10 years before learning it is finally being studied
InterStim Sacral Nerve Neuromodulator 2019

Terry

Postby Terry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 am

"I am notashamed of the Gospel" We to must remain true to the Gospel and nevercompromise. Live it and speak it with boldness for it is the power of God unto salvation. Romans 1:16
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

Terry

Postby Terry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 am

Praise be to God, my CEA that went from 4.9 to 5.8 (my PET was clear though), this week went back down to 4.8:)

Dear Lord, I pray for everyone on this topic that has requested prayer that they receive good news from scans, have an easy time with chemo and receive peace and comfort from you! In Jesus name I pray!
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

jenhopesprays

Postby jenhopesprays » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:20 am

I would like to request that no guests post on this thread. If you can't ask for prayer while using a screen name than it would be my guess that you are trying to mess with folks. Very uncool...

I am stopping in for prayer:

I would love for you all to keep me in your prayers. Prayers for my husband and three kids would be lovely too.

A special request today:
My daughter is in Mexico building houses with a college group. They were to come home on Saturday but the rains washed the bridges out and they are stuck there until the bridge can be repaired. School starts Monday.

Thank you.

Jennifer one who Hopes and Prays
Stage IV: dx 8/07 at 39.. colon & liver resection & rt ovary
17 rounds of folfox.
12/08 ovary tumor removed with HIPEC & folfiri w/Avastin
9/11 liver resection # 2 followed by chemo
NED

Have Hope with Capitol H

papajedi

Postby papajedi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 am

That is so cool that she is doing that!! Sometimes folks that post as guests bug me because they can post or say off the wall stuff but don't identify themselves. For me I'm so grateful to be able to pray for us that use this forum, it's such a horrible disease. When I was dx'd friends from all over the country offered prayer and support. It was great!!
United States Submarine Veteran
1976-1982 SSBN 640 Gold Crew
Benicia Ca. Robert Ray

Colon Stage 3 C
Resection
Chemo started Aug 17
FOLFOX

Terry

Postby Terry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:56 pm

Jen, you must be so proud of her! I will pray that she gets home soon and of course I'll pray for you, your husband and children.

I think it's alright for guest to post if it's a request for prayer and no nonsense, although a name to pray for would be helpful. If it's against this topic, then they should just close the topic and not look at it.
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

seamonkey
Facebook Username: Darren Stiles

Postby seamonkey » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello. During last week's mass homily our deacon reminded the parishoners to not only ask our friends and neighbors to pray for us but also to call on the blessed virgin mary and saints to also pray for us. I am scheduled for surgery this Tuesday and I would like to ask anyone who is willing to pray to the virgin mary and st peregrine, the patron saint of cancer patients, for not only myself but for all our brothers and sisters by reciting the following prayers.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," "The Wonder-Worker," because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Pause here and silently recall the names of the sick for whom you are praying)
Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.
50 year old male dx 1/12/10
Resection 1/26/10
Stage 2A - T3 N0 M0, moderately differentiated, 0/13 LN+
Finished Chemotherapy 8/26/10
Six years cancer free!

KellyBelle
Facebook Username: Kelly Davis Keeling

Postby KellyBelle » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:29 pm

Most religions pray... please don't limit this thread to only one type of religion and make other types of prayer unwelcome. THAT is not in the true spirit of Christianity, IMHO.

Kelly
Diagnosed March, 2008
Stage IIIC
Colo-Anal Reconstructive Surgery April, 2008
Finished Folfox treatment November, 2008
NED! December 2008
NED! December 2011

Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.
~Grandma Moses

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”