If you want prayer stop in here!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Re: If you want prayer stop in here!

Postby Terry » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 am

Thanks Diane! I am feeling so so much better tonight. I lost 9 lbs the hard way the past three days. I hope this isn't the way it's going to be every time, the first time was fine. How in the heck can chemo hit you a week later. The first week I felt pretty good and then wham! I'm not so sure now if it's that much better than oxi, I had better control of nausea with that. Maybe I was actually sick with something and it won't happen again. Anyway, I lived:)
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

Guest 1223

Postby Guest 1223 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:35 am

We (my dad) have a scan coming up this friday but won't get results for about 10 days due to the doctor being out of town (we were only told that our "scan reading" apt will be pushed back after our last port flush/blood work so we are hoping that the push back means his CEA has remained in the normal range -- stage IV, off chemo since October, and feeling great!), please pray for a clean, great scan for us (him)... It's almost starting to feel like things are 'back to normal' around here! I think THAT'S the best medicine for him!

Please, pray for a great scan result!

I'll keep you all in my prayers, too.

Thank you for this thread!

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:55 am

Terry, I'm so glad you're feeling better. Hey, ask onc about the delayed illness. However, we've had a huge amount of some violent tummy virus at church. One youth went to the mall feeling great and threw up 3 times before she could get out of the mall.

Guest, wow it does sound like Dad is doing great! Where was his met? Did he have surgery for the met? Gosh, I wish they'd give you a thumbs up when he finishes the PET so you didn't have to wait for the news. I'll pray!!

Diane
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Little T

Postby Little T » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I did ask for prayers before on this thread. I'm AKA Guest T for some reason I can't use that sign on name anymore. Anyway, my husbands surgery is tomorrow his name is Jim H. Please pray he dose well in the OR and that the Dr. is able to remove all of his cancer and he will recover 100 percent. Thank you for your prayers and I will keep you all in mine nightly.

Toni

Terry

Postby Terry » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:39 pm

I remember you Toni. I didn't see this until now so he's already had his surgery. I'll pray that he has a quick and uneventful recovery!

Everyone else, where are you? We need to continue praying for each other!
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

butterfly

Postby butterfly » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Terry - Sorry to hear you have been so sick from the chemo, and I am very glad to hear you are feeling better. I pray the other treatments won't affect you that way.

Papa - I hope you find peace in your decision about your future plans.

Diane - I will pray for a clean scan for you at the end of March.

Prayers for JMarie, Lilliana and family; Molly and her husband and family; KarMel and her friends' families; CRguy and his friend Mario and family; Little T and husband, Jim H; Guest 1123 and father; and everyone here.

Thinking of Holly, Fowlerlw, Surrounded by love and Mark25830 - How are you all doing?

Monday I have my first follow-up with my GI at Mount Sinai to see what kind of surveillance I am going to need from now on and to schedule my next scope. My partner sees her breast surgeon 3/1 at Sloan Kettering about the prophylactic mastectomies and then later in March sees the GYN surgeon about the prophylactic hysterectomy (for BRCA). We are staying strong! I told her we can be genetic mutants together! : )

Never could visit my aunt due to the snow. Supposed to go this week now, but now we are getting more snow apparently. She seems in good spirits though. She is annoyed though (not sure if I mentioned this) that the pre-surgical chemo and radiation did nothing to shrink her rectal tumor. So she is upset she went through all that and could have just had the surgery and gotten on with it. She also can't take having the colostomy anymore, but she is hanging in there.

Some good news is my friend with Thyroid cancer had a clean scan and testing this week. Praise God!

Many prayers going out for everyone here!!!
45 Years Old
MYH Associated Polyposis (MAP)
Prophylactic Subtotal Colectomy 4/21/09
Uterine Cancer May 2011 (? Lynch Syndrome overlap)
Hysterectomy and Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy 5/16/11
NED
Still growing colon polyps. Hoping to prevent colon cancer.

Surroundedbylove

Postby Surroundedbylove » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Butterfly - thanks so much for asking how we're all doing. It actually has been a good week. I've only been on here a little bit because it is mid-winter break and we've been skiing with the kids. Fun times and great weather - sunshine and warm weather in the Pacific Northwest sure makes you feel good even when there is some anxiety.

I love this thread - I do pray for people but I'm not particularly good at regular prayer. This thread is helpful to keep prayer requests at "top of mind" and get me praying regularly and more specifically.

SBL
Surroundedbylove

Rectal Cancer @ 43, '08
Clinical: T3,N2a,MX (IIIB)
6 wks XELOX & radiation
LAR, colonic j-pouch, & temp ileo '09
Surgical: ypT3,ypN0,ypMX (0 of 20 nodes)
FOLFOX; XELOX
Ileo Takedown ‘09
LARS for 10 years before learning it is finally being studied
InterStim Sacral Nerve Neuromodulator 2019

lawmama

Postby lawmama » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi everyone. I read here more than I post but if it's okay, can I ask for a prayer on behalf of my dad? He's stage IV with innumberable liver mets. He had been swelling up quite a bit in his abdomen and legs. So his onc sent him to get an ultrasound on Friday. The good news: they drained almost 3 liters of fluid from him and he felt better afterwards. The bad news: my mom said the ultrasound techs measured some kind of mass in his abdomen. Of course, you aren't allowed to ask the techs anything about what they've found so we have to wait until his appointment with his onc on Thursday to find out what it was they measured.

If you would, please pray that this is not a new tumor. I don't think he can handle this getting worse right now.
Daughter to a wonderful dad who was dx 12/23/09
Colon resection 1/8/10
Port implanted 2/9/10
Folfox4 started 2/15/10
Father passed away too soon 3/1/10

jmarie
Facebook Username: Jessica Ramos Smith

Postby jmarie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:43 am

I had a bone scan last week for my back pain and get my results today(2/23). Lilliana has done her best to keep my mind off of it. Today she graduated from physical Therapy and Occupational therapy. Developementally she is no longer considered a Preemie, but a "normal" 13mos old baby. Gestationallly she is considered 11 mos old. We have worked so hard and she has really shown improvement. They said she mastered 3mos of developement in a month! So proud of my little girl. Now that the excitement has calmed down, I am stressing over my bone scan results. Not sure if I am emotionally strong enough to handle such a big setback. Scared about what tx options are for mets to the spine. I just need to trust he won't give me more than I can handle. Two years ago I would have never thought I was strong enough to handle a baby and a stage IV dx, but I have managed to make it this far.

Thanks as always for your support and prayers. Time for my bedtime prayers, which will surely calm my nerves.
Jessica

PS Terry thanks for the link for the bangs wig, going to order it after the 1st.
DX Stage IV 11/25/08
mets liver lung, kras mutant
Baby 2yrs old! I am 32yrs
Too many chemo txs to count
trying to find a clinical trial
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

4mymom

Postby 4mymom » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:28 pm

Hey, all.
I'm still fairly new and I've only posted once but I would like to keep all of you in my prayers, that the Lord will give you all and those you love strength. He is never shaken and He is here to hold us.

If you all would, I would like to ask for prayer for my Mom. She just had her colon resection yesterday and did amazingly well! Seeing her in pain and out of it and tired makes me realize the reality of what she's battling and I pray for her to keep the strength and the will to kick this disease right out of the park!

My prayers to all of you!
God bless!
Daughter
Mom DX 12/30/09
Stage IV CC with mets to ovaries
Mets to omentum
Ovaries removed
Colon resection 2/22

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
[/i]

papajedi

Postby papajedi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:20 am

Hang in there with your mom......I WAS stage four with bone mets until his power touched me and GONE!!
United States Submarine Veteran
1976-1982 SSBN 640 Gold Crew
Benicia Ca. Robert Ray

Colon Stage 3 C
Resection
Chemo started Aug 17
FOLFOX

Terry

Postby Terry » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:46 am

4mymom, I will include your mom in my prayers. May she have his strength, peace and will to fight this disease.

lawmama, I pray that your dad does NOT have a new tumor but if it is that you give him and the family the strength and courage to continue in this fight.

Jessica/jmarie, you have probably found out your results by now. You have made it this far and you've been so strong. There is a reason that a young lady finds out she has stage IV cancer while pregnant, delivers a healthy baby girl and survives. We don't know what that reason is but there is a reason. Perhaps your child is to do great things in the name of the Lord. Have faith and trust in God and his wisdom. I am praying for you.

I'm praying for each of you on here that have asked for prayer. I hope those that promised to pray see this thread daily and remember to pray for us all.

Terry
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:57 am

Good Morning All, I wanted to let you know that I come and scroll and pray for these needs. I've been having some anxiety because of having to attempt to schedule my first colonoscopy and CT since surgery. Leave a message, miss the return call, leave a message.... My colonoscopy will be about 45 days late due to money and hubby taking time off so my mind is thinking 'waiting too long'.... I've had to avoid reading anything that looks upsetting.

Please pray for ME! Intestinal gas after eating a huge platter of collard greens and steamed broccoli = cancer (checking the toilet for blood, etc). Pain after carrying a huge box of Hispanic Bibles = bone cancer. Unable to sleep well and waking very anxious..... I rebuke this spirit of fear and proclaim that Jesus Christ has healed me!

Diane
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

4mymom

Postby 4mymom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Papajedi-
Praise God! I know that amazing things are possible and thank the Lord there are people like you who can reach out and share that.

Terry-
Thank you. :)
Daughter
Mom DX 12/30/09
Stage IV CC with mets to ovaries
Mets to omentum
Ovaries removed
Colon resection 2/22

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7
[/i]

Terry

Postby Terry » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:27 am

Please pray for my son, he's been missing since Sunday night around 10pm. He has an alcohol problem and we've looked everywhere he could possibly be. I'm afraid he may have wondered onto ice or passed out in the woods. We've reported him to the police as a missing person and they haven't seen him since Sunday either (it's a small town). I'm really praying he's on a binge and pops up soon but I have a bad feeling.
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”