If you want prayer stop in here!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
butterfly

Re: If you want prayer stop in here!

Postby butterfly » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Thank you, SBL, for keeping me and my loved ones in your prayers. I spoke with my aunt tonight and she is in good spirits. She came through her surgery okay and the surgeon believes he got all the cancer out. But he told her the pre-op chemo and radiation that made her so sick did nothing to shrink the tumor. So pretty much she feels she went through hell for nothing. He also doesn't want her on more chemo now since she had gotten so sick from it. I am not sure what his plan will be for her. She finds out on Wednesday.

I hope you feel better Terry. Good luck tomorrow!

Papajedi, I will pray for your friend, and I hope your scan comes back okay.

Mark, I hope your scan goes well tomorrow.

Wishing you all well. Have a good night.
45 Years Old
MYH Associated Polyposis (MAP)
Prophylactic Subtotal Colectomy 4/21/09
Uterine Cancer May 2011 (? Lynch Syndrome overlap)
Hysterectomy and Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy 5/16/11
NED
Still growing colon polyps. Hoping to prevent colon cancer.

Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Postby Terry » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:23 pm

Mark and papa, I prayed for wonderful scan results for you both! Nothing but good news allowed on here afterall;)

I have my 2nd chemo tomorrow and I've had so many (10 months) that they make me physically ill to even think about now. Please pray that it goes without complications and that I have minimal to no side effects. My hair on my head starting coming out today:(
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

Mark25830

Postby Mark25830 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:41 am

I pray that your 2nd round is a good one...thanks for your thoughts and prayers!
2/15/08 Diagnosed
38 yo

papajedi

Postby papajedi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

I had no anxiety this time. Foe any of you that haven't heard of my healing encounter with God let me know and I'll send it to you :) Pray for me that I may move in greater power in the healing gifts. I find myself praying for many people now with serious illnesses.
United States Submarine Veteran
1976-1982 SSBN 640 Gold Crew
Benicia Ca. Robert Ray

Colon Stage 3 C
Resection
Chemo started Aug 17
FOLFOX

Surroundedbylove

Postby Surroundedbylove » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:57 pm

My prayers were answered today with a 0 on my CTC test. Praise be to God!
Surroundedbylove

Rectal Cancer @ 43, '08
Clinical: T3,N2a,MX (IIIB)
6 wks XELOX & radiation
LAR, colonic j-pouch, & temp ileo '09
Surgical: ypT3,ypN0,ypMX (0 of 20 nodes)
FOLFOX; XELOX
Ileo Takedown ‘09
LARS for 10 years before learning it is finally being studied
InterStim Sacral Nerve Neuromodulator 2019

HollyID
Facebook Username: Holly Woodcock

Postby HollyID » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:15 am

I would like to be put on your prayer list as well.

My husband, children and I are HUGE believers of prayer and God's power. I have people praying for me all over the US and I know it works. I can just feel it. :)

I'm a huge pray-er myself. Often when I'm alone, driving or even doing dishes, I pray. I pray for all of you at night before sleeping, yet, I can't believe I missed this thread. I can't imagine a world without prayer. It's so important to pray for those who take care of you, and it really is a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that God is drawing you toward Himself and comforting you in the palms of His hands.

God Bless you all!!
Holly, 47
11/17/09 colonoscopy;
11/23/09 dx with adenocarcinoma;
12/03/09 LAR
Stage IIIB T3N1M0 1/11 LN
1/12/09 CT NED
1/19/09 Start Folfox
6/24/10 Done with chemo!!!
7/7/10 CT scan. I'm in NED'sville.
9/11/12 colonoscopy for bleeding (staple from anastomotic site)
7/31/15 New tumor discovered near rectum. Biopsied. Adenocarcinoma. CEA 3.5 Lynch negative
8-10/2015 Radiation
12/14/2015 Revision of LAR with new permanent colostomy

papajedi

Postby papajedi » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:48 am

The latest scan is clear again validating the healing I experienced in November. Keep praying and having the ministry of laying on of hands done and our God will continue to display his power over disease.
United States Submarine Veteran
1976-1982 SSBN 640 Gold Crew
Benicia Ca. Robert Ray

Colon Stage 3 C
Resection
Chemo started Aug 17
FOLFOX

butterfly

Postby butterfly » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:53 pm

That is excellent news SBL and Papajedi! I am so happy for both of you that you had good test results.

Terry - I was thinking of you today. I hope you are hanging in there. Prayers going out to you for strength and resilience.

Holly - Prayers going out to you for strength and healing.
45 Years Old
NED

jmarie
Facebook Username: Jessica Ramos Smith

Postby jmarie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:42 am

I was doing so well on Folfiri, feeling lots of energy. This last week I was really fatiged, I had a feelling I was anemic but no one called about my bloodwork so I figured as usual no news is good news. I was wrong I was nuetropenic(sp) and anemic. The PA called yesterday she wasnt sure what took so long. For some reason Baptist, who obviosly have their own labs, the hospital affiliated with my ONC sent my bloodwork to Quest labs? My Oncologist is the head of Oncology there and he was very unhappy about this. They have done my labwork there before with no problem. This has never happened before according to the PA. Thank God I don't seem to have picked up any bugs. My numbers were barely good enough to get chemo today, although I wish they weren't I feel like I was ran over by a truck. Today is #24 overall, 15 Folfox and 7 Folfiri and no end in sight. My Oncologist is very concered about my backpain. He pointed out that it should have gone away by now if it was just a muscle strain. He ordered a bone scan and seemed pretty sure that was what it is. I was hoping to get a break so I could travel a little but if this backpain turns out to be a met, I might not get any more breaks This is the first time since being on Folfiri that I was stuck in bed all day. First time in a long time that I have cried all day. I layed their listening to my wonderful husband play with our babygirl and praying for the energy to join them. Maybe tomorow

I feel like I only post here on my bad days. I do have good days, days that I don't think about or realise I have cancer. Today just wasn't one of them
DX Stage IV 11/25/08
mets liver lung, kras mutant
Baby 2yrs old! I am 32yrs
Too many chemo txs to count
trying to find a clinical trial
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

Terry

Postby Terry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:16 am

jmarie, I pray right now that God holds you in his loving hands and comforts you and gives you peace in knowing that your bone scan will show no malignant growth. You told us Lord where two or more coming together under one cause, our prayers will be answered. In Jesius name I pray!

Papa, wonderful, wonderful results!
surrounded by love a "0", can't do much better than that can you:)
Mark let us know when you get your results
Butterfly I"m happy your aunt came through the surgery well and is good spirits. Maybe they'll try a different type of chemo after she heals. Was she on oxi? Irinotecan is much easier. How is your partner doing?

I had my second treatment and had a TERRIBLE headache, like my brain was on fire. Today I woke up and had it just slightly. I've been taking compazine to keep the nausea under control and it's been working. So all in all not to be. I had a substitue onc. today, I really liked him a lot. He held my Avastin again because I have a whopper of a sinus infection that I know I've had for at least a month now but my regular onc. wanted me to try and get rid of it by putting neosporin in my nose because of the Avastin it has sores. So that didn't work but the Zpack this guy gave me is already working. I'm hoping no Avastin means I"ll be able to ride my snowmobile to the radar run this Saturday. My favorite thing in the winter and I might even race my husbands sled:)

Keep all these uplifting reports coming so that those that don't believe will see the wonderful works of our Lord and turn his way for his forgiveness given to any one that asks, his peace, his comfort, his healing.

Holly, I'm so happy to see you here and you and your family are in my prayers.
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

butterfly

Postby butterfly » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Terry - Glad to hear things went okay for you. I hope your headache continues to improve, and I hope you feel better with the sinus infection. So many people in my area have a very resistant sinus infection/cough and apparently only penicillin is working for it. I pray things continue to go well for you this round.

I am not sure what chemo my aunt had. I see her on Saturday and will ask her about it and mention the other chemo that she might tolerate better. Thanks for asking about her.

My partner is hanging in there. So far all the breast tests - mammo, MRI and ultrasound are clear. She has a pelvic sono next week. She has a breast surgeon and GYN surgeon lined up at Sloan Kettering, so hopefully they can do both surgeries at the same time and get her on her way to healing. Just like I went through, it is hard to wrap your head around having these genes but no cancer - at least I had the polyps that were making things difficult, so I could justify surgery - but when you only have statistics to go on, it is hard to face surgeries for no actual illness. But we all know that prevention is the best medicine. One day at a time. Thanks for asking. I appreciate it very much.

jmarie - I will keep you in my prayers and pray for renewed energy so you can play with your baby girl.

Wishing everyone a great day. We are having a blizzard here in NY. My office closed, so I am watching the storm from my living room. It is beautiful!
45 Years Old
NED

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Where two or three are gathered together...... HE is in the midst! Praise HIM for all these answered prayers and good reports and trusting HIM and HIS WORD for more great news!

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary. I believe whatever the cost and
when time has surrendered and earth is no more I'll still cling to the
old rugged cross. I believe that the Christ who was slain on the cross
has the power to change lives today. For He changed me completely a new
life is mine and that is why by the cross I will stay! I'll still cling to the
old rugged cross.....

Praying for all these needs to night and for those who are unsaved on this forum who might have questions, that they would feel comfortable contacting any of us in private.

Anybody who would die for you is CRAZY about you! You are God's Valentine! Oh how special you are to HIM! God says 'You're worth dying for........' Awesome!
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

jmarie
Facebook Username: Jessica Ramos Smith

Postby jmarie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 am

I can't begin tothank you allfor your thoughts and prayers. I can tell my family and friends about my prayers needs, but it just makes them worry even more but you all know where these fears come from.

Today I woke up early, beat my hubby to getting Lilliana up for her first bottle :lol: I felt really good today, a few good naps but was able to spend time with Lilliana, such a huge defferance from yesterday, no need for pain killers. I truly felt the Lords healing, its amazing. Having my hubby home for 2 days, he is doing all the heavy lifting and my back hasn't bothered me at all. Hopefully the pain was from the strain and carring the baby wasn't allowing it to heal properly. The lord has given me hope and renewed my faith. Thank you all!

Now off to my night time prayers for all of us. Sweet dreams everyone!
DX Stage IV 11/25/08
mets liver lung, kras mutant
Baby 2yrs old! I am 32yrs
Too many chemo txs to count
trying to find a clinical trial
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Postby dianetavegia » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:49 pm

Christians with Chronic Illness
http://www.pastors-source.com/vb/forumd ... ic-Illness
A place for prayer requests, encouragement and general discussion for Christians with chronic illness.

Here's a forum for in depth discussions on healing, prayer, etc
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Terry

Postby Terry » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:45 pm

I must have that resistant type of sinus infection because I finished the Zpack and it's not any better. I was planning on going snowmobiling today but couldn't go because my head is pounding and my nose keeps running and bleeding. I'll have to call the doc Monday and get a script for pcn. Sent my husband out with friends to ride, he shouldn't have to miss the fun just because I can't make it. He's been wonderful this last week. He's been doing all the cleaning and wash (I should check him for a fever:). Oh yeah, my hair is falling out at a pretty good rate, soon I will have to shave it I think:(

I hope you all have a great weekend. My youngest is home from college and that's something to be greatful for:)
DX 7/3/07
Folfox 3/12

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”