If you want prayer stop in here!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
KarMel
Facebook Username: Karin Gray

Re: If you want prayer stop in here!

Postby KarMel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:55 am

33 y.o. father of 3 at my church, including new baby girl and 2 young sons, just found at he has stage IV melanoma. Please pray for him, his family, and doctors as they proceeed with starting treatment.
Stage IV, April 2009.
Treatments...multiple .
Currently none
"It is well, with my soul"

dezysmith
Facebook Username: deborah kaminski smith

Postby dezysmith » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Now that I've been home from the hospital for a couple of weeks, I've really had the time to absorb what has happened to me over the past 2 1/2 months, I have to share my Christmas miracle. On 12/20, my boyfriend was told by my Dr. at Hopkins that she believed I had a 95% chance of having this huge 12 hour HIPEC surgery because she, as well as my original Hopkins Dr., both concluded after many tests that I had Stage IV recurrent colon cancer. I turned to God for help. We went to a friend's Pentacostal church where I was prayed over by the Elders of that church. I was knocked to the ground and felt "fire" pouring out of my toes. We continued to go every Sunday and pray daily and my faith continued to grow. Then all the prayers were pouring in from loved ones and I was on prayer lists and strangers were praying for me. Cliff said he always knew I'd be alright as he thought I had been healed that first day in the church. But my faith was not as strong as his and my mind continually put me in a dark place. We had a secret code that day of my surgery. If I woke up and saw my boyfriend dancing then that meant I did not have the recurrent colon cancer. In the recovery room, I woke up just enough to hear him yelling, Deborah, look at me! And when I looked I saw him dancing and I said "King David" and went back to sleep. But I knew when I woke up from surgery that he had danced the "dance" and that I was going to be ok. I was only in surgery for 3 1/2 hours and it was what they didn't find that mattered the most. My doctor came out and told him "Your God has given Deborah a Christmas Miracle!" Every doctor that came in to see me from that point on called me just that "the Christmas Miracle." So after this my dr. told my boyfriend that this tumor was probably a GIST or another type of new cancer. We had to wait until this past Friday for the pathology report. My new "cancer" is so rare that it affects only 1 out of 2,000,000 (that's right, million) people. So I guess I hit the lottery in a way. LOL Even though the tumor itself was "benign" it is a type of cancer, meaning it cannot metastasize but the rate of recurrence is pretty high and if it gets deeply rooted it can kill you. So I will be closely monitored and if it comes back more surgery. No chemo for now ... I am thanking God for the total blessing that he gave to me and my family. I know that Jesus heard my prayers, I prayed night and day for this tumor to be "benign". The prayers sure worked! Now I'm ready to start living again! I have been and will continue to pray for everyone on this ColonTalk forum. I don't think my life will ever be the same after this experience.

Praise God the most Holy One! I love you merciful Jesus!

Guinevere

Postby Guinevere » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:45 am

Prayers needed today. It's been a year since my heart attack and I'm going to the cardiologist for a check up. Last night, my left jaw was hurting all night long so I didn't get much sleep despite the Tramadol I took. Prayers that the jaw pain isn't related to the CAD I have and that I don't throw up which is what I feel like doing at the moment. Thanks in advance and God bless ~
Gwen
Hrt atk - Feb 11
CRC4 DX - Apr 11
APR liver rsct, procto - Jul 11
Folfox/Avastin - Sep 11
Xeliri - Nov 11
Iritux - Jun 12
Break - Jan - Mar 13
Iritux - Mar 13
Stivarga - Aug 13
Folfiri - Oct 13
Exhausted treatment options - May 14

juliej

Postby juliej » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:00 am

Guinevere wrote:Prayers needed today. It's been a year since my heart attack and I'm going to the cardiologist for a check up. Last night, my left jaw was hurting all night long so I didn't get much sleep despite the Tramadol I took. Prayers that the jaw pain isn't related to the CAD I have and that I don't throw up which is what I feel like doing at the moment. Thanks in advance and God bless ~
Gwen

Gwen, sending many prayers for a good check-up with the cardiologist. I know you have a beautiful heart. I'll pray it's a healthy one too. Also, hope the jaw pain is just tension. Its easy to clench your teeth when you're worried.

Sending calming thoughts, good energy, and many prayers your way!
Julie
Stage IVb, liver/lung mets 8/4/2010
Xelox+Avastin 8/18/10 to 10/21/2011
LAR, liver resec, HAI pump 11/2011
Adjuvant Irinotecan + FUDR
Double lung surgery + ileo reversal 2/2012
Adjuvant FUDR + Xeloda
VATS rt. lung 12/2012 - benign granuloma!
VATS left lung 11/2013
NED 11/22/13 to 12/18/2019, CEA<1

shopgirl
Facebook Username: kathy houk (katharyn Houk)

Postby shopgirl » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:18 am

Prayers and lovely thoughts to you Gwen!!
1/12/12 colonoscopy revealing 6cm mass in sigmoid colon
1/24/12 lap colectomy. 1/27 nodes positive
2/8/12 Port placed
2/21/12 FOLFOX 1st treatment

Let choice whisper in your ear and love murmur in your heart. Be ready. Here comes life. ~Maya Angelou

Raclette

Postby Raclette » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Guinevere,
My prayers go out to you also!
Raclette
Dx 01/10 stage IV cc, mets to uterus & sac ofcancer seeds
Folfax 1/10-5/10
06/10 5Fu & Avastin
NED until 12/11
Mets to ovaries & cancer seeds in pelvis
01/12 start irinotechan & Vectibix
04/12 stopped iri & Vectibix-not working

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:40 pm

I just wanted to revive this topic in support of two very special friends here who have been faced with new challenges recently :
Terry and dianetavegia

Yes, there are also others who have faced recent challenges, but these two have put their faith on the line..."online" and promoted many positive energies for so many others in this particular forum topic..... I just want them to be able to receive some of the same for themselves, from this topic, from some of those others.

Sending prayers and best wishes to ALL on the Journey.... but right now, right HERE.... sending special prayers and best wishes to Terry and dianetavegia.

In Harmony on the Journey
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Postby Bev G » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:02 pm

What CR said to you both, Terry and Diane. I have been, and will continue to pray for you both, and I won't stop until it's time to turn the prayers into rejoicing for the good news I pray will be coming.

Love to you both,

Bev
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

MariaMaria

Postby MariaMaria » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi Terry,

I have been following your journey via FB. You have been in my prayers and I'm still praying. You have been such an encouragement to me in so many ways--thank you!

Diane, I will add you to my prayers as well.

I am grateful for the support of our CC family!

Icesk8tr

Postby Icesk8tr » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Dear Terry and Diane,
I am praying for you both.

Christine
Stage IV CC 2010

juliej

Postby juliej » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Terry and Diane, it breaks my heart to see the difficulties you are going through right now. Both of you have been such a shining light on this forum, comforting those in despair and bringing strength to those who feel lost. I am sending many prayers your way. May your spirit stay strong, and may your faith light the way through the darkness.
Stage IVb, liver/lung mets 8/4/2010
Xelox+Avastin 8/18/10 to 10/21/2011
LAR, liver resec, HAI pump 11/2011
Adjuvant Irinotecan + FUDR
Double lung surgery + ileo reversal 2/2012
Adjuvant FUDR + Xeloda
VATS rt. lung 12/2012 - benign granuloma!
VATS left lung 11/2013
NED 11/22/13 to 12/18/2019, CEA<1

nbrandt
Facebook Username: craig.brandt

Postby nbrandt » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Terry and Diane,
Today I prayed for all on this board at Mass. We are here for you. It is our time to pray for you and return all that wonderful support each of you have provided to many others on this board. Please feel the warmth of our prayers for you.
NBrandt
DXCCT3N2aMx 5/20LN
Folfox10/10-4/11
Scan 10-13-10,4-4-11,7-4-11,9-22-11,4-9-12,9-24-12,10-1-13,4-9-14,9-17-14,9-10-15,9-15-17NED,
CEA 1. Pre .6 7-4-11 .7 9-22-11 .6
1-13-12 .9 4-9-12 .7 9-24-12 .6 1-4-13 .8 10-1-13 .8 4-9-14 .7 9-17-15.8
Courage, Hope, Health

Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Postby Terry » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:21 pm

That's very kind of you CRguy:) Thank you all for the prayers!

This topic is very important to me, for one because it's place for any and all to be able to pray for those who need prayer and second, to be able to do so without being attacked. I do appreciate the restraInt of those who have no religious belief for not coming on this topic and starting any warfare.

I'm doing better now. Any time you get any negative news it's like a punch in the gut, and it seems like that's been the trend since last April. I know many of you know what I'm talking about. It's like the first time your told you have cancer.

Diane is still trying to absorb this bad news she's received. She has a biopsy coming up this week and that's going to be foremost on her mind until she gets the results. I pray there is no cancer in her lungs and that no matter what the biopsy shows for her liver she remains strong in her faith. I know she will. She's a strong woman.

I pray for all on here to be strong in whatever they are facing (test results, surgery, chemo). This is a hard road, but if you have the Lord to lean on it makes it a little easier. I couldn't do it without him.

Thank you, all of you:)
Terry
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

Nanette
Facebook Username: Nanette Pepperday-Derry

Postby Nanette » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 pm

Sending prayers to everyone having trying times, especially Diane and Terry. I really hate to see you guys having to go through this. You are so right, Terry - It does make life easier when you have faith on your side.

Stay strong!!
Hugs,
-Nanette
Husband, Bruce - diag. 12/07/08 at age 50
Stage IIIB CC, poorly diff, muc. adeno, sig. ring cell
Stage I bladder cancer
1 of 17 LN affected
Colonectomy 12/11/08
Finished chemo/rad on 8/19/09
Four years NED on 12/11/12 - Thank God!!
Livin' life!!!!!!

Yellowbird
Facebook Username: Laura Yarbrough Abbott

Postby Yellowbird » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi, I am new on this forum but not to colon cancer.

I am now stage IV peritoneal carcinomatosis. My tumor markers are up, and I had a pet scan thursday...will,find out the results tomorrow.

I would so appreciate your prayers...
Dx stage III July '10
Colon resection August '10
8 rounds Folfox
dx stage IV peritoneal carcinoma May 11
HIPEC Aug 11
Mop up folfiri with avastin
July 12, liver mets multiple metastases

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”