Can Your Immune System Alone Kill Cancer Cells?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Re: Can Your Immune System Alone Kill Cancer Cells?

Postby dianetavegia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 am

I have to believe my colon cancer was caused by a lifetime of constipation and 10 years of SEVERE financial stress! Add in 14 years as a couch potato....

Eric, Brownbagger, age 51 and too old for the colondar, eh? I'm 59 and dx'd at 58. I'm going to be a Colondar Model in 2039 as a 30 year survivor and I'm going to wear Spandex! :lol:
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 pm

kimmercans wrote:
I am a health care provider and my FIRST intervention with almost ANY diagnosis is lifestyle modification....mostly through diet. I have been extremely disappointed in the LACK of education from my oncology team regarding this MOST important aspect of treatment.

Kim

I don't believe diet explains why younger people get cancer. My diet was good - enough fruit and veges and I was an active label reader (avoided foods that were overly processed). Didn't help me, did it?

I'm curious about all the supplements you list in your signature. Have you checked that they're all of a high standard and do what they claim? Supplements are only regulated as food - it's pretty hard to know exactly where the raw materials come from, what quality they are and whether the pills you're popping actually contain what they say they do e.g. it has been found when testing has been done that many probiotics contain nowhere near the claimed number of active cultures.

Ivona
Facebook Username: Ivona Bradley

Postby Ivona » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 pm

girlnextdoor wrote:Yeah, you're a cutie pie!

Lisa

I concur! Definitely a CRC hottie! :)
dx'd Oct '08 (age 48)
T3bN2Mx
9/23 LN's
resection Nov '08
Folfox Jan '09 - March '09
Xeloda March 24/09 - July 6/09

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it's called 'the present'. "

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”