1 st week of chemo

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
naomi

1 st week of chemo

Postby naomi » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am

MY BROTHER IN-LAW IS STAGE IV . HE JUST FINISHED HIS FIRST ROUND OF 5FU AND CPT11 WITH AVASTIN FOR 48 HRS. HE FEELS GREAT DOES THIS INDICATE THAT HE'S ONE THAT WONT GET SICK OR DO SYMPTOMS SHOW UP LATER???

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Naomi,

Over the past three years I have learned, colon cancer like most cancers are unpredictable. Too, each of our journeys are unique as is how differently each of our bodies react to chemotherapy. Send your brother-in-law my bests and encourage him to keep kickin' a little cancer a#$!

Holly

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:31 pm

Hi Naomi-

Just as Holly said, everyone reacts differently. But I am also learning that doctors say and do different things too.

My onco. said that even though some side effect grow more intense (fatigue, numbness to cold), he did tell me that if I am not getting sick after the first round, I will probably won't get sick in the future.

I have had 6 rounds (not finished yet), and I haven't gotten sick once. I am more tired after chemo, but luckily have never felt sick.

I hope your brother in law experiences the same thing.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”