Was this an anxiety attack?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
klryder02

Was this an anxiety attack?

Postby klryder02 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:28 pm

I have never viewed myself as a anxious/nervous person...but who knows!

This morning, while I was in the shower, I started to feel dizzy. I stood there for a second, and I started seeing these black stars (only way I can think to describe it). Then I realized I needed to get out of the shower, and started washing the conditioner out of my hair. I started breathing heavy, and for a few seconds, the black stars completely filled my vision.

I got out of the shower (still couldn't see) and started yelling my husbands name. When he came in, he said I was breathing really heavy, and just told me to lay down.

After laying down for a new minutes, everything went away.

Anyone ever had something like this happen to you? What is an anxiety attack anyway...and can they happen at any time?
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

PGLGreg

Postby PGLGreg » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:28 am

Something like that has happened to me a few times. I thought it was low blood pressure and never worried about it. The heavy breathing could be from anxiety (at seeing stars!).
Greg
stage 2a rectal cancer 11/05 at age 63
LAR 12/05 with adjuvant radiation+5FU,leucovorin 1-2/06
NED for 12 years, cured

johnnys84

Postby johnnys84 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:56 am

That usually happens to me the first couple of days after I am disconnected from the chemo pump. For some reason it always seems to happen only when I am in the shower.
JJS

Diagnosed June 30, 2006 Stage II colorectal cancer (familial polyposis) 30 years old
October 27, 2006 Total Colectomy and K-pouch
March 9, 2007 K-pouch revision

klryder02

Postby klryder02 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:34 pm

I talked to the nurse today, and she said it was probably a mix of not eating enough and not having enough fluids in my system.

Makes sense considering I had donuts for breakfast the morning before, and didn't have a real dinner.

She did say it sounds like I was about to faint. I didn't even think about that!

Well, lesson learned.
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

Jeremiah

Yup

Postby Jeremiah » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:21 am

Yeah, was getting ready to say we need a bit more information. Things like that can be low blood sugar issues, plain fatigue, symptoms from chemo and/or cancer, other illnesses, etc..

Get to feeling better

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”