working during chemo????

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
DanaSue

working during chemo????

Postby DanaSue » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:39 am

I am trying to decide what to do about going back to work during chemo. I do health education for monmouth county..so I am in the office about 50% of the time and I am out doing presentations about 50% of the time (in schools, community centers, etc.). Unfortunately I can't really do this job from home.

Did you guys go back to work and struggle through the bad days or did you stay out for your entire treatment???

Thanks!!

Dana
Dana DiPaolo Holbrook
Point Pleasant, NJ
22 at diagnosis, Stage II CC
Colon resection 12/22/06
FLOFOX4 1/07-8/07

::fear nothing::

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:01 pm

I worked very part time during chemo. I got very tired about two or three days after treatment, then perked up a bit after that. I never felt 100%, though. Some folks felt better than I did, and some worse. You'll have to see for yourself how you feel. Fatigue seems to be the limiting factor. Many of us did not sleep well. I would say that most could handle a light work schedule with some days off after each infusion. Any comments?

mary e

working during chemo

Postby mary e » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:07 pm

dana
i wanted to work for as long as possible but my employer refused to allow it. he said "i've got a business to run. this is a distraction for all the girls in the office, you'll be in then out again. it won't work". my advice is YOU do what is best for you! i'm sorry i wasn't stronger physically & emotionally to continue to pursue my job! i worked in the health care field in ocean county and to this day i can't believe after ten years of exemplary employee behavior this happened to me.
mary e

mary e

working during chemo

Postby mary e » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:07 pm

dana
i wanted to work for as long as possible but my employer refused to allow it. he said "i've got a business to run. this is a distraction for all the girls in the office, you'll be in then out again. it won't work". my advice is YOU do what is best for you! i'm sorry i wasn't stronger physically & emotionally to continue to pursue my job! i worked in the health care field in ocean county and to this day i can't believe after ten years of exemplary employee behavior this happened to me.
mary e

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”