New member with questions please!!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
panana

New member with questions please!!!

Postby panana » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:12 pm

I'm 48 and just had my 1st colonoscopy done 4 days ago because I had some cramping in the middle of the night followed by 4 bowel movements with blood showing in the entire stool the next day. My dr originally thought before the colonoscopy that it might be due to my hormone pills I have been on for about 20 years. After the colonoscopy, I was told I had 2 small polyps located in the lower part of my stomach & 1 a little larger, but still really small in the upper part. These were removed & I'm waiting for the results. I was also told I had about a 4" or 5" area of diverticulitous on the left side of my colon. Since having the colonoscopy done I've seem to have more discomfort when I have to go the bathroom. I start imediately feeling like my stomach is swelling or bloating when I have to the urge to urinate or my lower back hurts when I have to have a bowel movement. I also feel kind of achy in my hips occasionally. I may just be paranoid & thinking I'm getting achy but I feel like it's more noticeable than before when I need to go the the bathroom. Is this normal or possibly just in my head? I feel so stupid asking this & don't know whether it's something to mention to the dr or just normal following this type procedure. I don't want to appear to be looking for something wrong after having the test show everything's ok. Sorry for such a long message. Thanks so much for listening!!!!

Dot

Postby Dot » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:08 pm

Hi & welcome to the colon club;

By all means you must mention all of this to your MD. Some of it may be related to the procedure, but some of it may just be that you are now more aware of everything in that part of your body. The results of the pathology is going to be the key. When you get the results, please let us know. All of this can be very scary, I know. Keep you spirits up.

Dot

panana

Postby panana » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:07 pm

Dot, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I just found this site but can't help but realize how much everyone seems to just want to be here to be supportive for others. My dr also told my husband after the colonoscopy if i experienced another episode of bleeding, he wanted me to come in right then so he could check me when it was happening so I feel like he's being really cautious but since I didn't talk to him afterwards I am really not very knowledgeable about what the results of anything found really means. Maybe that's why I'm concerned about anything I'm noticing in the way of symptons since having it done. I'm sure my uneasiness will ease when I get the results of the biopsy back. After reading what others are experencing and going through I realize how bad mine could have been but I sure wish I could make everyone else's better for them. Thanks again for listening!!!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”