StageIIA

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Neto

StageIIA

Postby Neto » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:22 pm

Hello.....My name is Neto and new to this site. I am a 49 yo latino male...dx august 2005 with colon cancer....had resection done sept 05....in hospital for 4 days(pushed myself to get up and walking as soon as i could)....
After surgery i was diagnosed with Stage IIA cc....31 nodes clear...clear margins....T3.NO.MO....no lymphovascular involvement.......after consulting 3 drs....all three told me i had two choices as far as my early stage of cc.....xeloda for six months or observation......i have 6 days to decide....and i am having a hard time deciding.....i would like to know if there is anyone out there with the similar stage and give me some info..i much value the opinion of someone who has this similar situation and has been there.............one dr said because of my age i should do the chemo....and the other 2 drs left it up to me....seems not many drs want to commit as far as my stage of cancer which is somewhat frustrating....my opinion now is im afraid if i dont do chemo and something happened further down the line i will have that issue about what if you had done chemo......all opinions will be appreciated ..thanks for hearing me out......take care all..........Neto

Edward
Facebook Username: CoalRegionVoice

Stage II

Postby Edward » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:03 am

Neto,

I had Stage II at age 36. My three anniversary starts 11/29. Look at everything like genetics and family history. You would have six months of feeling bad, but it goes fast and you should have little side effects. Is the rest of your health ok that you can handle treatment??? You are still very young and I would probably opt in.
Livestrong,

Edward
Colon Cancer Class of 2002
http://www.coalregionvoice.blogspot.com/

N

Postby N » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:07 am

Edward.
First of all happy 34d anniversary.......and thanks for the reply....i actually have no other health issues that would prevent me from doing the chemo..and the dr said i would be able to tolerate it.....i have looked at this thing from all angles and more than likely will do it......i guess i wanted to hear it from someone who has been there at that same stage...thanks.....Neto

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:05 pm

My husband was stage IIA - very similar to you, except he was 55 when diagnosed. He had a resection in Sept 04 and opted against chemo with the support of his doc since it does not improve the statistics a lot. Unfortunately, his cancer has recurred and he is now in the 2nd month of chemo. We do not regret the decision to skip chemo last year - my feeling is that in his case the cancer would have recurred anyway (he does not take good care of himself) and at least this way he was fine for a year! He is looking forward to finishing chemo and being fine again!

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:59 am

Neto,

Welcome to the Colon Club! Congratulations on your SURVIVORSHIP! I want to tell you how proud I am of you to hear that you are being proactive in the management of your health. You must ask questions and lots of them and demand answers!

I am stage IV so I'll let you do the math and I was in with the chemo! Currently, I am without evidence of disease and grateful every minute! You must have faith and believe that all things are possible!

This holiday season, I wish you a long, blessed life and holiday cheer throughout the year! So looking forward to 2006!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”