Question about Pain...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
kimlon

Question about Pain...

Postby kimlon » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:32 pm

My husband has stage IV CC. He has a very large tumor in one lobe of his liver and a smaller one in the other lobe. Since last summer he has been getting a very severe pain with a very bad pulling sensation that starts at the botton of his rib cage on the right side, the pain remains there as it radiates to the left side, same place as the right. Then the pain moves to his back on the right side and gradually goes away. This pain has lasted anywhere from a half hour to over four hours and can vary in intensity. His oncologist has sent him for many tests including a CT scan, a sonagram and a endoscopy, the only thing that showed up was some bile in his stomach. The cancer has never gotten any worse since he started chemo, it has either improved or stayed the same over the past year and a half. We have started referring to the pain as an attack as they come without warning or any kind of consistancy. When he gets an attactk it is usually at night and he has never had more than one in a days time. The doctors have not been able to come up with a DX but chemo usually stops the pains. Has anyone else ever had anything like this?? The oncologist says it doesn't act like cancer pain but he has no other explanation. I should add that he had a colon resection in 2002 and gall bladder removed two weeks later. We were told then that he was cancer free, no need for chemo but needlees to say it came back four years later and it was stage IV when the found it.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:13 pm

Kimlon,

Not sure what to deduct from your post. There could be a myriad of reasons for the root cause of your husband's pain. How is he now? Any improvement? I am hopeful that you will continue to monitor and work with your husband's medical team to find a cause for his pain. Send your husband a hello and welcome from the colon club and I hope he continues to kick a little cancer a$%!

Holly

kimlon

Postby kimlon » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:16 pm

Thanks for your response Holly. It sure has been a mystery, even the doctor at Johns Hopkins doesn't know what to think. A friend recently told us that it sounds like the Liver isn't empting bile like it should. As long as its not the Cancer we can cope with it.
My husband is stage IV with mets to liver and lungs

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:53 am

hi kim,
can his tumors on liver be removed? how about sirt spheres that send radiation beads directly to liver or hepatic artery pump which sends chemo straight to liver which can be done along with systemic chemo?? if he only has the cancer in his liver he should qualify for these procedures. good luck hope all goes well.

missjv

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:47 pm

Kim,

I am hopeful that your husband continues to improve and kick a little cancer a#$! All things are possible!

MissJV,

Hope this answers your question.

Holly

On page 3, kimlon wrote a post "New to the Club" in it she wrote:

My husband Lonnie was dx with stage IV colon cancer with Lung, Liver, and nod mets. The cancer in his lungs and nods are gone but he has very large tumors in his liver, the largest being almost 14 cm.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”