what can I eat after surgery?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
karen s

what can I eat after surgery?

Postby karen s » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:44 pm

can someone please suggest a liquid or super soft diet?
I'm recovering from partial colon resection and am having a hard time keeping food down. The Doc says soft foods but won't be more specific and when I eat something I think is soft, such as chicken pot pie, I throw up! (not immediately, I suffer through lots of nausea first)

I'm wanting to eat...so if you can suggest liquid foods to try, I'd appreciate it. thanks!

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:41 pm

I ate poached eggs, cream of wheat, Hungry Jack mashed potatoes, soups...nothing real chunky, start slowwwwwwwwww. The Chicken Pot pie you are talking about has the crust that is very sharp going down also the chicken it too solid. The veggies might be ok mashed. I only had to eat like that for about a week then slowly started eating something with more volume. You can't expect to go out and eat Kentucky Fried chicke right away.....give yourself time to heal and get used to foods again. Hope this helps!!

Peg

pjmanes

what to eat

Postby pjmanes » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:55 pm

I ate the BRAT diet- bananas, rice, applesauce and toast. It cut way down on the nausea.
Thanks, Phyl

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”