CC Awareness Month?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
klryder02

CC Awareness Month?

Postby klryder02 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi Guys-

Is March colon cancer awareness month?

I should totally know this but I don't.

Thanks!
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

pjpeace

Postby pjpeace » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:47 am

It sure is! i went to the American Cancer Society to check out what their plans for it were and we're getting the Colossal Colon in town for part of our activities!!! They've got a lot of events planned and can't wait for it to get here!

I'd suggest going to your local ACS to see what's going on if you want to get involved with stuff in your area. i know the great lakes area has a thing called CRAN (Colorectal Awareness Network) that is a pilot program. Hoping all the ACS will start doing that too to spread the awareness!!! check out the Colon Cacner Alliance too they may have a local area person...we don't here.
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:56 am

I was diagnosed in March of last year. When one of the nurses mentioned Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month I laughed. I said, "Well it worked!" I was still full of drugs from the colonoscopy. I did seed just too ironic.

I hope there are lots of events. I plan to log on to a few websites and see what I can come up with. We need to get some attention here.

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:45 pm

Speaking of colon cancer awareness and colon cancer awareness month in March, I wanted to share something. My husband's cousin who has also undergone chemo sent me some cool colon cancer awareness stuff. The dark blue ribbon represents colon cancer. I have a hat, a charm, and a pin. The web site that you can order these cancer awareness items is www.choosehope.com and the phone number for Choose Hope, Inc. is 1-888-348-HOPE. Hopefully, more people will become aware of other cancers, because the pink ribbons are EVERYWHERE. Let's get those DARK BLUE RIBBONS everywhere!!!

Miss Kim

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:06 am

AMEN Sister!

I have several products from Choose Hope. I wanted to get a dark blue ribbon magnet for my car, but my car is purple and it wouldn't show up. So I got a generic lavender one that says "Cancer Survivor." I like that. Lavender stands for all cancers.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:03 pm

March is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month! In addition to 20 capitol city proclamations, I am happy to report that I have confirmed and secured 40 state proclamations signed, sealed and delivered. The governors liaisons throughout the country have been most helpful. This only one of many ways to spread awareness. The first year after my dx, I would stop and talk to people at the gas station and grocery store encouraging them to get screened or in some cases providing them an FOBT kit. Finding ways to spread awareness...I was thinking about this one...In flight...You know how the flight attendents say thank you for flying XXX airlines. How about including a little PSA about It's March and we at XXX airlines encourage you to get a colonoscopy! Falls within safety, right? Talk about undivided attention! If I can think of anything, I will let you know!

Happy March!

Holly

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”