Two Year Anniversary

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Sweet Peg

Two Year Anniversary

Postby Sweet Peg » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Well, I just got back from my 3 month Oncology visit. Everything looks great! My oncologist is thrilled with how things went during the Chemo and how things have been going since. He told me since all looked good yet today, I don't have to go back for 6 months now!! Wow, I am so excited, yet a bit nervous about waiting for 6 months now. He explained that 85% of the time recurrence happens withing the first 2 years so he said this is a BIG MILESTONE for me!! All I can say is PRAISE THE LORD!! HE has blessed me so much by giving me a second chance at life and giving me all of you here for support through this journey. I am sorry for sounding so excited but I wanted to share the next step in my survivorship journey! One day at a time, one step at a time and we WILL MAKE IT!!

Thanks for putting up with my excitement. Peg

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:05 pm

HI SWEET PEG,

GREAT NEWS CONGRATULATIONS AND DO NOT BE SORRY FOR SHOWING YOUR EXCITEMENT YOU DESERVE TO BE EXCITED AND IM EXCITED FOR YOU, ANYTIME I HEAR ANYONE HAS THIS NASTY DISEASE BEAT I AM THRILLED AND IT IS ENCOURAGING TO THE REST OF US WHEN WE HEAR STORIES LIKE YOURS. AGAIN CONGRATS AND GO HAVE A CELEBRATION.

MISSJV

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:17 pm

Thank you so much missjv. My hubby took me to one of my favorite places for lunch after the Oncology visit....OLIVE GARDEN!! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! I had soup, salad and breadsticks. He even made me have something for my sweet tooth after, which I don't do often anymore. What the heck, I was happy and celebrating. LOL

My hope is that others can gain some encouragement from my last two years. I have always tried to be supportive and help when I can. Everyone needs that encouraging story to help them get to their next step in the journey. I just Praise God that I have been blessed so far with being Cancer Free so others can see it IS POSSIBLE even for a Stage IIIa like me!!!

Thanks again missjv!! HUGSSSSSSSSSS Peg

klryder02

Postby klryder02 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:58 pm

Don't you dare apologize for being excited. The day my cancer free news comes...the whole freaking state of Texas will know!

Congratulations!!!
29, stage IV, diagnosed Oct. 2006, currently on Oxaliplatin, 5-FU, and Vectibix.
http://youcantcontrolrandom.blogspot.com/

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:05 pm

Thank you so much klryder02!! LOL Well, I am not out of the woods yet...still waiting for my 5 year, but I am starting to see a dim light at the end of the tunnel for sure now at least!! Let me know when we celebrate cause I want to be there too!! LOL

Keep Smilin!! Peg

Wendy21

Praise the Lord!

Postby Wendy21 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:19 pm

Wonderful news! I'm a year behind you and using you as inspiration. Big hugs to you.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:58 am

Doing a happy dance for SweetPeg! I'm a year behind you too, but chugging right along.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Peg,

What can I say except "You Rock!"

Holly

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:08 pm

Congratulations Peg, that's great news. Did you start as a stage III or IV? It's so great to hear about the victories!

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:59 pm

Well done Peg im over the moon for you!

Nick xx

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:03 am

Congratulations Peg!!! You should be excited and deserve to "shout from the hill tops" your good news. It is encouraging to hear of survivors who are cancer free. I keep plodding along hoping someday that I can get to such a milestone. I have been on & off chemo for the last 3 1/2 years. I love the good stories!!! Thank-you!!

Miss Kim

Sweet Peg

Postby Sweet Peg » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:09 pm

Thank you all so much for your congratulations! It feels really good to be at this point in my journey. I still realize I have 3 more years to go before they say that "cure" word, but until then I will continue to think positive, come here to help others in anyway I can and Praise God daily because if it weren't for HIM, I wouldn't be here today!!

In answer to your question Lifes2short, I was a Stage IIIa with 7 inches of my Colon removed. 7 nodes were involved with 3 positive.

Thank you ALL again for your support and friendship! I will be right here for all of you on you're journey's. One day at a time, keep a positive attitude, smile and put your life in HIS hands!! Love ya all!

Peg

margotmagoo

Postby margotmagoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:38 am

Fabulous news, Sweet Peg! I am also just a year behind you....so as you trail blaze through your survival, I will be close behind! Don't feel badly about shouting out your hurrahs....because it shows us that it is just around the corner! I believe we are all deserving of a bit of Pomp and Circumstance!
YOU GO GIRL!!
Margot
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"
Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

margotmagoo

Going in for hernia repair....

Postby margotmagoo » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:43 am

anyone have any experience with this? I was wondering if hernias were a common occurence after resection. It is just above my bellybutton (above my surgical site). It is small and the surgeon believes she is able to fix it with a couple of stitches. She wants to repair it while it is small and wants to avoid possible strangulation of the intestine which would result in emergency surgery.
Thanks, Margot
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....but rather by the number of moments that take our breath away"

Diagnosed January 2006 with stage IIIc at age 40.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”