under right breast behind rib pain

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Dress In Blue Girl

under right breast behind rib pain

Postby Dress In Blue Girl » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:26 pm

has anyone experienced pain that is steady in the right sideunder rbreast kinda behind my rib and it sometimes wraps to my back. I am a stage 4 survivor clean for 15 months and recent scans cant figure out but becoming more intense and having to medicate. I did have liver resection and rfa to 7 tumors in liver but this pain is showing up a year later.
anita

IV feb 2005 colon resection,
folfori w/avastin,
Aug 2005 liver resection/rfa to get rid of 8 liver tumors
Sept 2005 folfox w/avastin NED!!!!
avastin till Jan 2007
port out July 2007

Be the change you want to see in the world

missjv

Postby missjv » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:10 pm

hi,
could it be scar tissue? i had a recent liver resection and i have pain at incision site like a tugging like they sewed my fat to my skin, i know that sounds weird but docs told me scar tissue can be painful and can be a problem just wondering if thats what you have since liver surgery is a big deal and they have to lift rib cage and do alot of manuevering to get to your liver.

missjv

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi Anita,
I was st3 in 98 .I had surgery and follow up chemo(12mos). I had constant right quadrant pain that was dx as fatty liver until I had an acute attack of pancreatitis. They removed my gallbladder (also common for cc survivors and those on chem). I still get pain in the area and my gp claims that it is either as a result of scar tissue or that a percentage of gallbladder sufferers never lose the original symptoms. Either way I have remained ca free for 9 years so whatever it is it is not sinister.
Ron.

Dress In Blue Girl

Postby Dress In Blue Girl » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:57 am

thank you for your posts. they dont thinks its the gallbladder.
I bet the scar tissue also ,but not alot they can do I guess with out making more by going in. Would it show on scan?
anita

IV feb 2005 colon resection,
folfori w/avastin,
Aug 2005 liver resection/rfa to get rid of 8 liver tumors
Sept 2005 folfox w/avastin NED!!!!
avastin till Jan 2007
port out July 2007

Be the change you want to see in the world

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”