colon cancer spread to pelvis

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
lifer

colon cancer spread to pelvis

Postby lifer » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:00 am

I am desperately looking for info on colon cancer spread to the pelvis - which I am told is rare...

I am 16 months out from diagnosis of stage 3B colon cancer of the descending colon that was resected with a colostomy. I had 1 of 14 lymph nodes test positive and I underwent 11 cycles of FOLFOX and 24 cycles of erbitux (cetuximab). I stopped treatment in June '06 one cycle short of finishing due to toxic reactions...

I also have a CEA tumor marker that was initially 120 but has been between 0.4 and 0.5 for the past few months.

A PET scan just showed hyperactive metabolic activity in the right side of the pelvis that is "consistent with metastatic tumor..."

What does this mean? What have survivors done? Have you been able to preserve fertility? What does this do to statistics rates of overall five year survival? Are surgery and/or radiation and/or chemo options? In what order.

As a young mother of very young ones I appreciate the feedback.

eitter

Postby eitter » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:44 am

Raising my hand!

Mine did spread to my pelvic region, in fact I was miss diagnosed and told I had Primary Peritneal Cancer of the Pelvic Region which is a form of Cervical Cancer. My story is long and I invite you to read my story on my website and see if it is at all similar to yours.

I am 40 and have grown children. I did have a radical hystorectomy.

God Bless,
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:20 pm

lifer, TALK TO YOUR DOCS! You don't have nearly enough information yet. Not everything that shows up on a scan is what it seems. This thing may be mets, but it may be resectable. More chemo may be in order. At this point we don't know what it is, exactly were it is, or what your options are. You need more information before you can have any idea how it will affect you down the road. After you talk to lyour own docs, you may want to get a second opinion as well.

scottg

LIFER////PERITONEAL

Postby scottg » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:31 pm

AS PER YOUR QUESTION ON ABDOMINAL AND PERITONEAL CANCER.I AM A PATIENT WITH STAGE 4 COLON CANCER WITH PERITONEAL AND ABDOMINAL SEEDING.THERE SEEMS TO BE ANOTHER OPTION WHICH I EXPLORED.LOOK UP PERITONEAL CANCER, OR DR.SUGARBAKER AND DR ESQUIVEL AT ST AGNES IN MARYLAND.WHO SPECIALIZES IN THIS EXACT CONDITION.I JUST HAD CHEMO AND SURGERY WITH GREAT RESULTS.YOU SEE MY STORY AND POSTING ON THIS SITE UNDER THE HEADING"STAGE 4 SURVIVOR STORY" SCOTTG.ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME SGRO123@AOL.COM

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”