2 polyps found

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mtay

2 polyps found

Postby mtay » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:05 pm

Let me first say thank you to all those that respond to questions and concerns on this board. You were the ones that prompted me to get the colonoscopy and make sure that I did not take no (you're only 37) as an answer.
I had my first colonoscopy yesterday and the doctor found 2 polyps which he removed. He told my husband that he thought one was precancerous and the other benign. I will see him next Wednesday and I imagine he will have my test results then.
If he was to find that one of the polyps had been cancerous what could I expect (surgery, chemo) or would the fact that it was now removed mean that everything is over.

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:55 pm

If a polyp is cancerous, I think they usually go back in and remove some more tissue to be sure the got everything. Usually no chemo if it hasn't invaded through the wall. It's up to your docs what the final treatmant options are though. Precancerous polyps removed during colonoscopy are just removed and the colonoscopy is repeated every so often at the doctor's descretion.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”