Turning in Grenade for last day of 12th cycle today!!!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
pjpeace

Turning in Grenade for last day of 12th cycle today!!!

Postby pjpeace » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:53 am

Just have to share my joy over my last day of chemo!!!

In the beginning it felt like today would never come. I still have one more surgery to go through but soooo glad to be done with chemo at this point! Doc’s not sure if I’ll need more chemo after the Whipple procedure (yes the dreaded Whipple that takes out your gall bladder, head of the pancreas, and bottom of the stomach)! Not a walk in the park but whatever it takes to get rid of this stuff. I was resected in June but they needed chemo to shrink the rest of the tumor that went to the head of my pancreas and is surrounding a major vein. Honestly things were really not looking too great for me in the beginning but have responded really well to chemo and the tumor went from grapefruit size to lemon size = operable!!! So hoping after my next CT scan on Friday it has shrunk more or maintained. Then I’ll be sent to IU to see the surgeon again and hopefully I’ll finally get the second surgery!!!

Best wishes to you all in your own battles.
:D
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:32 am

Well done Paula, ive just finished mine and know what a relief it is. By the time of your op you should of built up enough strength to deal with it ok. Best of luck

Nick x

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:17 pm

Congratulations. Enduring twelve rounds of chemo makes you a hero in my book! Best of luck to you in your surgery. It sounds like you've been through a lot. You have a wonderful attitude!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”