I don't know what to think...

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
rosadoza

I don't know what to think...

Postby rosadoza » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:01 pm

Greetings!

I am a 26 year old female that has been exhibiting some strange symptoms. I am not sure what to think at this point and wanted to get some feedback from you. I have had the following symtoms for the past month:
Extremely Fatigued/No Energy
No Apetite
Irregular Bowel Movements/Constipated/Red Stool
Nausea
Dizziness
Moody
Occational Cramping
Blurry Eyesight
occastional pain on top of my right rib cage
Lower back pain that sometime prohibits my ability to get up
Skin Irritation

Does anyone have any input? You're feedback would be greatly appreciated! I also wanted to know if colon cancer is detectable in your blood?

Thanks!

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:14 pm

Have you gone to the doctor for this? It really sounds like you should. I am not sure what the cause of all of your symptoms are but I had anemia and blood in my stool and was just recently diagnosed with colorectal cancer, stage 3. I am only 28 so it can happen to young people too. Have you fainted at all? That's how I ended up in the hospital. You should share all these symptoms with your doctor and request a colonoscopy. From what I have seen on this site many people had blood in their stools and were anemic- low energy, dizzy, etc. Go in ASAP and get checked out. And this cancer is detectable in your blood but you have to have really high levels for it to show up. My levels were not high enough to be detected in my blood. They found the cancer in a colonoscopy and they did a biopsy.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:03 pm

Thanks for your insight! I was speaking to my mother and she seems to think that I may be anemic, but also beleive that since I have no history of colon cancer in my family I may be too young for it to be that. I don't know what i should think at this point, but I am hoping to get some answers soon.

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:57 pm

You're never too young to get colon cancer as many on this site can attest to. Also, many of us have no family history. Please see a doctor and ask for a colonoscopy.

Bryan S

Postby Bryan S » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm

If you are having internal bleeding as your post may indicate (red stool) then it is posible that the bleeding may cause the anemia. It is also possible that the fatigue could be due to the anemia that's due to the bleeding. You can see how things can progess.
As for your age, it doesn't matter look up the Colonder look for Harleyman's story (he will be the one with the motorcycle in the picture)
This man has a hell of a story and since it happened when he was 15 that just shows that this disease is not that age specific. His courage is humongus. Get the colonoscopy it saved my life.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”