A series to educate and comfort

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
megdalu

A series to educate and comfort

Postby megdalu » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:30 pm

Hello to all my fellow survivors, to those who have been recently diagnosed with colorectal cancer, and to those of you who are merely curious about this common disease.

I live east of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. After finding blood in my stools earlier this year, I went through the usual barrage of tests, including a colonoscopy, and finally had a good chunk of my colon removed ... along with all of the cancer, we hope ... in late August. I am still recovering at home, experiencing some ongoing abdominal discomfort and unpredictable fatigue, but my spirits remain high.

Partly as a cathartic exercise, partly to educate and comfort, I began writing a series about living with cancer shortly after my diagnosis. If you would like to follow my journey, and continue with me to the end, the easiest way to do so is find the stories at www.ccac-accc.ca, the website of the Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada. I also welcome your comments and thoughts as we raise awareness of this, the second greatest killer cancer in Canada.

Cheers.
To your health!
Tom Philp

Wow

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:24 pm

Way to go! Keep educating, comforting and writing!

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. This holiday season, I wish you a long, blessed life and holiday cheer throughout the year!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”