ct scan

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
NICK THE BRIT

ct scan

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:00 am

morning, afternoon, evening everybody

Had my first ct scan after chemo last week, and got the results they come back clean which was a relief. but it did pick up some fluid which was between my bladder and bowel. My onco has referred me for a pet scan just to be on the safe side, and has also booked me in for an appt with my surgeon, so it looks like the old rubber gloves will be coming out again! For anybody who has or has had a temporary ileostomy (bag) i seem to be getting a lot of pressure on my back passage and the feeling to sit on the toilet quite a lot, so im hoping its just a build up of the fluid that im meant to be passing. I will know more next week.

Cheers
Nick

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:23 am

Hi Nick,

My first post treatment CAT scan also revealed some fluid. Apparently when they take something out, the body fills in the gap, and that is usually with fluid. Because of a series of other events, I had abdominal surgery in December and they had a look while they were in there and it was just fluid.

They also said that there was a lot of thickening of the bowel wall where the resection is. This is normal too, but it means I need to drink lots of water to avoid constipation and take stool softeners as needed. Over the holidays, I wasn't drinking enough water and I did spend a lot of time on the toilet, thinking I needed to go and wasting a lot of time. Once the softeners kicked in the pressure was relieved and everything is back to normal.

Sharon
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

northern lights

Postby northern lights » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:23 am

Hi Nick,

My first post treatment CAT scan also revealed some fluid. Apparently when they take something out, the body fills in the gap, and that is usually with fluid. Because of a series of other events, I had abdominal surgery in December and they had a look while they were in there and it was just fluid.

They also said that there was a lot of thickening of the bowel wall where the resection is. This is normal too, but it means I need to drink lots of water to avoid constipation and take stool softeners as needed. Over the holidays, I wasn't drinking enough water and I did spend a lot of time on the toilet, thinking I needed to go and wasting a lot of time. Once the softeners kicked in the pressure was relieved and everything is back to normal.

Sharon
Diagnosed Stage III Jan 06. Completed Treatment Oct 06. NED Dec 06,

NICK THE BRIT

Postby NICK THE BRIT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:25 am

Thanks for getting back Sharon, its nice to know im not alone on that one then.

Nick x

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”