colon cancer spread to stomach

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
naomi

colon cancer spread to stomach

Postby naomi » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:53 pm

PLEASE NO ONE ANSWERED MY LAST POST. WE ARE DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR INFO.HAS ANYONE HEARD OF SPREADING TO STOMACH INSTEAD OF LIVER OR LUNGS???

Frank G

Postby Frank G » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:13 pm

I was dignosed in Sept 06 with Colon Cancer that had spread to both the stomach and liver. I had several similar syptoms to the ones you described for 3 months before they diagnosed my problem.

I am not a canidate for surgery. The Orno gave me one year to live.Within one month after beginning chemo my stomach symptoms were 90% gone. After 3 chemo treatments my cancer activity as measured by a PET was reduced by 90%. I will have my 6th and final treatment on Jan. 30th. I am hopefull I will be NED when I take my next PET in Feb. We are no longer talking just one year.

Pray for quick healing from the surgery that will allow your loved one to start chemo soon. Make sure your Dr. is aware of Oxaliplatin,Aviston and Xeloda in pill form.

bud

Postby bud » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:41 am

see www.acscsn.org you may get additional response from this site, as they have forums for each type of cancer-ie; colorectal, stomach, etc.
bud

bud

2nd oplinion

Postby bud » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:56 am

he may need a second opinion; why that couldn't be done in the hospital is a question..why would he have to wait to see an oncologist? That doesn't seem resonable under the circumstances..usually the hospital will have a medical social worker or some such individual who can counsel and direct them to the necessary services.
where are you ? is there a major cancer center nearby?
bud

naomi

thanks bud

Postby naomi » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:20 pm

bud, i really appreciate taking the time to give me the info i will get right on it!!!!!!!!!

naomi

forgot something

Postby naomi » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Bud, my brother in- law is in a hospital in israel, thats why things may operate differently as far as access to doctors.

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:55 pm

Frank, don't ever let them tell you how long you'll live. It sounds like you've got a whole lot more than a year ahead of you. I was told in April that I would die from the cancer that had metastasized to my liver. Now I've undergone chemo (six of eight rounds) and I will have liver surgery this Spring. There is some degree of hope that I could be cured by surgery - if not, then at least I'm likely to increase my life expectancy.

Seems six round of chemo is a bit light for a guy who has been told he will die. Is your liver operable? Is the stomach cancer operable? Maybe time for second and third opinions. Please don't take the death sentence lying down (no pun intended).

Good luck, have hope.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”