and the good news is....

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cbroughton

and the good news is....

Postby cbroughton » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:16 am

Hi
I'm sure by now almost everyone has heard the good news about the fight against cancer that appeared in/on the mass media this week....deaths from cancer are down for the second year in a row...and the drop is greatest in colorectal cancer cases!...early detection ....the so-called Katie Couric effect...and better treatment. NPR had a segment on All Things Considered on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2007. I was a bit puzzled though to read that the prez. was praising the fed. gov't. for providing the funding....I thought he had cut a big chunk out of the budget. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Candace

pjpeace

Postby pjpeace » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:32 pm

According to the e-mail the other day from Lance "...last year, for the first time in 35 years, governmental funding for cancer decreased) and that can no longer be tolerated."

So yeah they cut funding...grrr...just because the numbers are better doesn't mean they should cut funding! :x

Glad Lance is really speaking up about this issue. Hopefully he'll get everyone motivated for change. I'm going up to Indy for Lobby day for the ACS to talk to our legislators about this too. I fight for all of us and for the people who can be spared going through this!
"When you've been abandoned in the desert and the vultures are circling and squawking at you...raise you fist at them and yell "I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!"
Stage IV @ 30 yrs. 6/06 Ms. April 2008
Recurrence to pancreas 2/09 & 6/10

Lifes2short

Postby Lifes2short » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Thanks for the excellent reminder that we all need to stay educated and stay involved! Good news about the colorectal cancer stats. I hope they continue to get better. Can't help but think that colorectal cancer today is where breast cancer was ten years ago - still scary, but getting more manageable all the time. Let's hope for a day when every person with this diagnosis can be a survivor!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”