Hypodensity on Liver

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
daveash
Facebook Username: bigstarlake@gmail.com

Hypodensity on Liver

Postby daveash » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi to all- brand new to this site. My wife completed 6 months of chemo after stage 2a colon cancer. Chemo was comleted this past July, 2009. August was CT scan that showed tiny hypodensity on her liver. Another CT scan is scheduled for October 12, 2009. Oncologists is saying this is highly unlikely a cancerous spot based on characteristics. Scary nonetheless. My wife had a spot this past January when tumor was originally found...that was a cyst. Any comments?

PGLGreg

Re: Hypodensity on Liver

Postby PGLGreg » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:38 pm

I have one of those. They did an ultrasound and decided it was nothing --- a cyst. Nonetheless, in subsequent CT scans, the radiologist has always noted its size (which has been unchanged), so I guess they're still faintly suspicious of it.
Greg
stage 2a rectal cancer 11/05 at age 63
LAR 12/05 with adjuvant radiation+5FU,leucovorin 1-2/06
NED for 12 years, cured

michelediane1

Re: Hypodensity on Liver

Postby michelediane1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:38 pm

I have had a hypodense lesion that has showed up on my ct/pet scan for the last 4 years with no change in size. I am seven years post treatment. I just had my last ct/pet last month and still no change. When I first read this on my report 4 years ago I got obsessed with it and did alot of worrying now I know that I should have listened to my oncologist and surgeon and not worrying about it.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”