Oncologist in Santa Barabara or Los Angeles

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Cali

Oncologist in Santa Barabara or Los Angeles

Postby Cali » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:15 pm

I am 30 years old with Stage 3C colon cancer. I received 6 months of Fulfox and finished my last treatment in November. I received results from my first CAT Scan after treatment and according to this scan, the cancer has spread throughout my body. I am scheduled for a PET Scan this Wednesday.

Currently, I live in New York City and am seen by Dr. Scrhag at Memorial Sloan-Kettering However, I was recently accepted at a photography school in Santa Barbara, California. I am following my dreams and moving to Santa Barbara on March 1st. I will probably start treatment again and need a new oncologist.

Does anyone have any suggestions for AMAZING Oncologists in the Santa Barbara area or even in Los Angeles?

Thanks!

eitter

Postby eitter » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:25 pm

Well you have had the best care in the US according to many! I went and saw Dr. Scrhag for a second opinion, an amazing person, loved her!

I do not have first hand experience in LA, but my girlfriend went to the UCLA medical center and they are pretty darn good there. There is a City of Hope Cancer center there too. So you should be in good hands there.

God Bless,
Blessings,
Liz DENNIS
Tempe,AZ
DX 05/06 Rectal
6 Weeks radiation with 5FU
LAR 10/06 Stage III
Temp Ileo, reversal failed in 05/07 after 1m in hospital came out with a permanent colostomy
http://www.runlizrun.com

Christine

Postby Christine » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:37 am

I live in LA and was diagnosed Stage IV in August 2005. I have been seeing Dr. Steven Wong at UCLA and I currently have no evidence of disease. I have been extremely happy with all of the treatments that I have received at UCLA. They have done both my surgeries and all of my chemo treatments. I highly recommend them. US News and World Report ranks the UCLA Medical Center in the top 10 in the country and #1 in the western US.

If you have any specific questions about them, I'd be happy to give you any information that I have.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”