Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
cbroughton

Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Postby cbroughton » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:42 am

Does anyone have any experience with this organization? If so, comments to share?

missjv

Postby missjv » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:26 pm

hi,
no i have not have any experience with them. i did call when i saw one of there commercials on t.v. and the 1st thing out of the womans mouth was no hi how are you, it was how are you going to pay and how good is your insurance, well that was a big turn off. i do mhowever have experience with sloan kettering in new york and would highly recommend them, very professional and they know what they are doing the whole place is top notch they gave me great care, a chance of cure and alot of hope.

missjv

cbroughton

Cancer Centers of America/Greg Anderson

Postby cbroughton » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi, Miss JV and any others who may be interested....

I had a feeling there was something holding me back from looking into this place. (I did read that Patrick Quillen, author of Beating Cancer with Nutrition, was on the board of directors for 10 years.)

On a happier note, last night I sat and read Greg Anderson's Cancer Conqueror in one sitting...it was recommended to me by a nurse friend...I can't say enough good things about it....it was first published in 1988, then Dear Abby (Abigail Van Buren) read it and pushed for a re-printing 1999...she wrote the Foreword........it's worth the effort to locate a copy. I felt rejuvenated and renewed after reading it. :D

MissKim

Postby MissKim » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:08 am

I have actually visited the CTCA in Tulsa, OK. I went there March 2006 to get a second opinion. I was NED at the time and just wanted to check out the place when there was no urgency. It was out-of-network and the costs of some basic items were very pricey. I had a CEA test done there and it was $400 + dollars (it is only $113 here). The oncologist I met with recommended doing more FOLFOX even though I told her that I was starting to get some adverse reactions to it (my Idaho onc. decided it was time to stop ini 2/2006). That was a red flag. My onc. here said that CTCA is just out there to make money. The CTCA in Tulsa was like a resort hotel. The people were very nice, but I found out that I can get the same treatment here (1 mile from my house) and it was much less expensive (being in network). I did however enjoy meeting with the nutritionist...

cbroughton

CCTA

Postby cbroughton » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:47 am

Miss Kim

Thaank you for your reply. Right now I think we'll stick with Roswell. I just read in newspaper that our insurance carrier has just made an agreement to cover all cancer costs for their customers. We've never had a problem.

bud

Postby bud » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:49 am

I believe the difference can be summed up with "for profit" and "non-profit".. You will find more attention to the patient with the latter. If they are for profit, that is the driving force. The non-profit cente will have a more patient oriented approach, and no pressure from administrators to generate profits.
Most of the larger cancer centers are non-profit, and receive federal funds
For profit organizations are just that; which would you choose?
bud

cbroughton

CTCA

Postby cbroughton » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:39 am

Bud

I see your point. And I agree. What piqued my interest was the ten year tenure of Patrick Quillen on the CTCA Board of Directors.

Candace

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”