Stage IV--Alive and without evidence of disease

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Holly

Stage IV--Alive and without evidence of disease

Postby Holly » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:50 am

As my colon cancer and life journey continues, I recently celebrated my 6th year of survival without evidence of metastatic disease. To those stage I, II, III or stage IV (a, b, c and d); to those older or younger; to those newly diagnosed; to those living with active or no evidence of disease; and to the loving caregivers... While each of our journey's are unique, ALL things are truly possible!

Holly

beachqueen

Re: Stage IV--Alive and without evidence of disease

Postby beachqueen » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:12 am

That is awesome!! Many more years of NED for you!!

jmarie
Facebook Username: Jessica Ramos Smith

Postby jmarie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks Holly, and congradulations on your 6 yrs!
DX Stage IV 11/25/08
mets liver lung, kras mutant
Baby 2yrs old! I am 32yrs
Too many chemo txs to count
trying to find a clinical trial
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

Terry
Facebook Username: Terry Minor

Postby Terry » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Thanks for posting that Holly! I try and stay positive but I have my days where I have doubts and posts like yours help me to focus on the positive again:)

God Bless You!
Terry
DX 7/3/07
Chemo, radiation, 20 mo. chemo, IMRT, cyberknife, 6/11 lobectomy.
1/16 resection perm. colostomy intraop. rad.
PET 2/12 nose, thyroid, liver, lngs
Folfox 3/12
Lord I know You'll keep me here until
you know I cannot suffer any longer!

missjv

Postby missjv » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:06 pm

hey holly i was wondering where you have been!!! im so glad you are doing great! i am doing great as well. getting closer and closer to 2 years ned from stage 4. diagnosed at 39 i am now 43 and i feel better then i did when i was 25. so good to hear from you!!

missjv

JohnnyT

Postby JohnnyT » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi Holly;
Thanks for the post. I'm Stage 4, just finished my 7th treatment. I look forward to finshing my chemotherapy and watching my grandson grow.
John

rock

Postby rock » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Thank you for sharing------That give me HOPE!!! My friend --she is doing good --right now. I feel lucky at only stage 2
She has been a friend to me ---in a short time. [has stage 3-4 rectal cancer]She is 44years and I'm 45years old . In this town ---I don't know if people understand ---If something happen to her ----I know that will hurt me so much....to keep going.
Anyway, I'm happy to hear good news for you!!! I'm living on alot of HOPE!!! That colorectal cancer will not control us and we walk away from this cancer for good in years and years ahead!!! God Bless You-- you gave me hope!!! Have a great week!!!

shmurciakova

Postby shmurciakova » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Holly,
Thanks for posting your inspirational story. I am fast approaching my 5 year mark myself. I was just wondering, what tests are you continuing to have after 5 years? What did your doctor recommend. Do you still have your CEA done 1x/year? What else, if anything are you doing now?
Thanks for the info,
Susan :D
diagnosed at 31 in 2002, Stage IV
Sigmoid colectomy - 6 mos 5-FU/Leukovorin
liver resection - 6 rounds XELIRI (xeloda/irinotecan)
lung wedge resection Oct. 2004 - no chemo
NED!!

Traybug

Postby Traybug » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Holly,

You are such an inspiration! I still remember when I was so lost when my brother Dan was newly diagnosed with stage IV cc at 31 and I turned to the colon club for support. You were one of the first people to respond and that was back in 2005. Although sadly, Dan lost his battle in July 2008, It makes me happy to know that people can and do survive this beast. It makes me feel hopeful that my brother and many of the other great people we have lost to this disease didn't die in vain. There is hope, and you are proof of it. That makes me happy. Congratulations and thank you for the continued support you provide to everyone on this board. It makes me happy to know that there are good stories too! :D

Best wishes,

Tracey

Julie8116
Facebook Username: julie ingle

Postby Julie8116 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Yippppeee!!!! Way to go Holly!!! You are an inspiration. Thank you for encouraging me and others.
Stage IV Rectal Cancer Diagnosed 4/2007
Resection/Ostomy Reversal/RFA to lung
Radiation/5FU/Oxciliplatin
By the grace of God, still here to fight cancer and love my 10 year old daughter, Gracie. Life is GOOD!!
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/julieingle

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:45 pm

[quote="shmurciakova"]Hi Holly,
Thanks for posting your inspirational story. I am fast approaching my 5 year mark myself. I was just wondering, what tests are you continuing to have after 5 years? What did your doctor recommend. Do you still have your CEA done 1x/year? What else, if anything are you doing now?
Thanks for the info,
Susan

Susan:

I have routine lab tests every three months, a PET/CT every 6 months, a scope once a year and a friendly visit to the office every three months. Hope this helps. My CEA is not a reliable marker for me but I do have it checked as well as CBC, Chem24, Ca19-9 and Ca-125 (post hysterectomy). Hope this helps!

Holly

Holly

Postby Holly » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:51 pm

[quote="missjv"]hey holly i was wondering where you have been!!! im so glad you are doing great! i am doing great as well. getting closer and closer to 2 years ned from stage 4. diagnosed at 39 i am now 43 and i feel better then i did when i was 25. so good to hear from you!!

missjv[/quote]

Missjv:

I am happy to hear that you are doing well. I tried to tell you:) Two years will be here in no time and I hope that you enjoy the ride and the Florida sun!

Holly

Holly

Postby Holly » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 pm

[quote="Terry"]Thanks for posting that Holly! I try and stay positive but I have my days where I have doubts and posts like yours help me to focus on the positive again:)

God Bless You!
Terry[/quote]

Terry:

Remember ALL things are possible!

Holly

Holly

Postby Holly » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:57 pm

[quote="Traybug"]Holly,

You are such an inspiration! I still remember when I was so lost when my brother Dan was newly diagnosed with stage IV cc at 31 and I turned to the colon club for support. You were one of the first people to respond and that was back in 2005. Although sadly, Dan lost his battle in July 2008, It makes me happy to know that people can and do survive this beast. It makes me feel hopeful that my brother and many of the other great people we have lost to this disease didn't die in vain. There is hope, and you are proof of it. That makes me happy. Congratulations and thank you for the continued support you provide to everyone on this board. It makes me happy to know that there are good stories too! :D

Best wishes,

Tracey[/quote]

Tracey:

I am glad that I was able to offer support to you. Dan's battle was most valiant and now he is watching over you, ms. Tracey!

Holly

Candyys03
Facebook Username: Candy Llamas

Postby Candyys03 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:18 am

That's wonderful! Congratulations!
You give us all hope and inspiration.
Candy :D
DX8/0642yrIVCCmtsliver
9/06opcol+lymps
07oxy
08livernonop