So I currently have Myblue HMO with BCBS...Through Healthcare.gov as I own my own business and its more cheaper, but a hell of a good plan, myblue Silver, i pay $200 a month for it. It's actually really great. The only downfall is that it doesn't cover out of state, it doesn't have the bluecard option.
My surgeon after reviewing my MRI this week, suggested I go to Cleveland Clinic in OH to see Dr. Scott Steele to get surgery and IORT (intraoperative radiation) and this is the best chance for cure. I currently go to Cleveland Clinic Weston, FL....I live in Florida. I am waiting for the CC OH people to call me to see if we can work something out with the insurance giving the nature of the situation being a medical emergency and see if they will work with them.
Anyone ever dealt with this and have any tips to tip the scale in my direction on going out of state and getting in network coverage?
Here is a link to the planhttp://www.bcbsfl.com/DocumentLibrary/COC/2016/IU65ACA/ONX%5C/Plan_1603C_ONEX_01JAN16.pdf
RC T3N1M0 12/16
MSS - NRAS Mutation
Chemo Rad, CCR - W&W 5/2017
CT Scan 11/2017 Liver Met 5.5cm Stable, Stage IV
Port Scheduled for 12/2017, folfox - avastin 12/2017
LAR/Liver Resect 4/2018
Chemo Finish 8/2018
CEA highest 500, lowest .8 throughout process, waiting for latest
Recurrence left vesical/pelvic sidewall - 10/7/2019 resect perm bag,
FolFiri 11/6 - 5 rounds
CEA rise Feb/May 3.7, 8.8, 30, Recurrence in Pelvic
Maintenance Chemo begin 6/3/20 FolFiri