Search found 13 matches

Go to advanced search

by gmcbrazen
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Thank you Susie, could you share a little more about removal of scar tissue and why you needed it. The surgeon mention that I may have trouble with scar tissue. What kind of trouble?
by gmcbrazen
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Finally saw the surgeon at MD Anderson, Surgery scheduled at end of month. All my scans and blood work came back clean. The tumor is 6" from rectum, so they will need to cut 4" from my rectum and attach a section of colon that they will remove from the descending colon. They are hoping the...
by gmcbrazen
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:16 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Yes I agree. It is looking better but will not feel completely at ease until after the surgery and I know for sure. But I am definitely less anxious now. The waiting during the holiday season was torture. I am scheduled to meet with the surgeon soon. They are going to do a Flexible Sigmoidscopy exam...
by gmcbrazen
Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:52 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Went to MD Anderson Yesterday. I took my scan on CD. But that was images they wanted the report. They ordered another scan for the chest and lung area. Waiting on that information. I am also waiting for the surgeon to call and make an appointment. MD Anderson said they could not tell anything with o...
by gmcbrazen
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:08 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Good News, It was easy to get an appointment with MD Anderson. I called and have an appointment the same day as with my GI specialist. So I will be able to hear both plans and treatments on the same day. Then decide what to do. MD anderson's appointment will be in the morning and the GI will be in t...
by gmcbrazen
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:50 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Thanks, NHmike and Deb M, From what I hear it may take a long time to get into MD Anderson. I did call them before I had the Pathology report and they said I needed to wait until I got that. I will call again, I know they have the best Chemo treatment. I will try to get a follow up appointment with ...
by gmcbrazen
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:39 am
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Thank you NHMike, you provided a lot of information. I have not gone through staging yet. Tomorrow I hope to hear something after the CT scan. I am with a GI specialist at Greater Memorial Hospital in Houston. The GI specialist has a board Certified corectoal surgeon that she works with at Memorial ...
by gmcbrazen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:22 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Thank to all that replied!!!! Susie0915 thanks for the work info. I was hoping it would be time off for surgery only. I am glad to hear I is possible to work through treatment at least part time, if not full time. I am a designer and I sure they will reduce my work load and let me work on one or two...
by gmcbrazen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:09 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Thanks, The doctor just called me at home. She got the results from the biopsy yes it is cancer. But the blood work is good she say 1.6. She says that means there is a 70 percent chance that is localized. But 30% of tumors do not show up in the blood. So the cat scan on friday will let us know if it...
by gmcbrazen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:43 pm
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: Coffee!
Replies: 9
Views: 1002

Re: Coffee!

Thanks needed to read that. I have been drinking coffee since they found a 5cm mass last week. Still in the staging process. Was wonderining if I should be drinking the coffee, but now I feel better about it.
by gmcbrazen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:57 am
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

zx10guy, thanks for your reply. I guess now all I can do is wait.
Will keep posting as I found out.
by gmcbrazen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:59 am
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

Re: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Thanks so much for the replies. Waiting and not knowing it so hard. It was difficult to hear and process the information. When I went to get my blood drawn I was told about applying for disability, that the chemo will knock me out and I will not be able to work. That scared me. The doctor wanted to ...
by gmcbrazen
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:43 am
Forum: Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum
Topic: 56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor
Replies: 28
Views: 2508

56 went for a colonoscopy they found 5 cm tumor

Hello, I noticed blood on a stool about 5 months ago, but was not sure. Then I noticed it more often the last several weeks and saw a doctor. I had the colonoscopy thinking I had hemorrhoids. Turns out they found a 5 cm tumor. They told me it looked like cancer, I have not gotten the biopsy results ...

Go to advanced search